View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:04 PM   #23
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell_hs View Post
Yeah I forgot to mention that. I loosened the throttle cables so that they would sit where it would be at 1500 rpm. The only problem now is the slight bogging and hesitation.
As Ghostt noted - you need some slack in the throttle cables, and the idle should be set with the idle speed screw to 1300 when it's hot.

Did you catch the gas from the floatbowls and look at it? Is there water or sediment in it? The gas may be bad or full of condensation. Leaving the level low can allow condensation to form. Next step, for me, would be completely draining the tank and floatbowls. Run ethanol-free 87 or the lowest octane you can get without ethanol. I would also add 1oz per gal of Techron Concentrate fuel system cleaner.

How about the air filter - take it out and try it - any difference? Is there oil in the bottom of the airbox?

Can you post a picture of the plugs you took out? Sounds like they are dark and wet. Does the engine smoke?
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.