View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2015, 07:27 PM   #24
Mitchell_hs
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 04 Ninja 250R

I tried to drive it on the road shortly after I posted that reply and getting to the asphalt was no problem. No hesitation or bogging. But as soon as I have it some gas on the asphalt it immediately started bogging and cut off when I let go of the throttle. Same thing it was doing before. I have the cables how they are supposed to be. They were too tight. Also, a motorcycle mechanic came by and told me that since I had put 87 in it then that could've messed it up. He said that has happened to him because of the amount of ethanol. And, I did drain the float bowls and saw maybe a smal drop of water. Nothing too major. He told me to drain the tank, put 93 in it, and some of that throttle system cleaner in it. After I take the carbs apart and clean the jets again. But I think I'll just take it to a mechanic this week and get them to do it. I'd hate to do it incorrectly for a second time. Lol. But I'll let you guys know what he says it is. I really do appreciate all the help you guys have given me. And actually yes, the plugs were wet with oil. And I noticed that when the bike warmed up, a considerable amount of smoke was coming from under the motor. Could that be bad valve cover gaskets?
Mitchell_hs is offline   Reply With Quote