View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:34 PM   #39
Mitchell_hs
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 04 Ninja 250R

Thank you all for the replies. Ghost you were extremely helpful in this. But every bit of input was and is gratefully appreciated. And ninjunk, thanks for the reply. Also I can respectfully say that I truly have no time to work on my bike. Between work, college classes, church, and other academic responsibilities I'm hardly ever home. Lol and on the note. I decided it would be best to take it to a mechanic that is trusted and well known around where I live. I dropped it off Tuesday. I explained the situation and problems it was having and he came to the same conclusion we all did. Stuck slide allowing gas to leak into the oil. Also, they are going to rewire it to solve the problem of it "overheating" after 20 minutes of riding. I have researched this and thought it was the ignition box with the symptoms marching up exactly. He states it was some sort of sensor. And that they were going to replace it. While it's there I am also having them cream the tank, rebuild the carbs, and replace the seal in the petcock. (I noticed it leaking quite badly when I was taking it to the mechanic Tuesday.) it also is leaking oil pretty bad and I'm not sure where it's coming from. So I asked them to look at that as well. And as far as I can remember that's what they are doing. I hope it won't be as bad of a price tag as I'm thinking. Lol. And I'm hoping to be riding with no issues in about a week- week and a half. Thanks again for all of the replys. I honestly did learn some things while working on it. And am now confident enough about my motorcycle repair skills to be able to make minor maintenance on my bike with ease. Lol that may not seem like a big milestone but to me it's a big deal.
Mitchell_hs is offline   Reply With Quote