View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:24 PM   #83
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
EMB-175. Aviation practices would be a huge boon to driving safety. all those recent crashes involving the Teslas wouldn't have happened.

We have anti-skid, auto-brakes, three-axis auto-pilot, auto-thrust, and we don't trust any of it. We're always monitoring what it's doing . We've got sensors everywhere, bells, whistles, and chimes, yet someone still goes outside and walks all the way around it inspecting it for problems before every flight, even when it's -20 degrees in blowing snow. Our engines have failure rates measured in millions of hours, but we still review failure procedures before every takeoff.

My point is, use the automation you have, it'll get you out of tight spots, it'll save your ass on occasion, but don't intentionally put yourself in a place where it's the only thing that will save you, because someday it's going to fail you.
No **** Sherlock you repeated the point I made in my last post I understand its limitations. It's not as good at breaking as I am but it sure does ease the workload as you I'm sure know

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99