View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:26 AM   #91
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
Ah, you're assuming they're going to slam on their brakes only if the person in front of them does. What if a dog runs in front of them? What if they spill food/drink in their lap? What if they have a seizure? What if they realize they're almost past their exit? What if they just don't like you being so close and have a road rage moment? Yeah, most of those "what ifs" are a case of stupidity, how many stupid drivers do you see everyday?

Depending on anything other than your own reaction time to save you is increasing the risk beyond what is necessary. In this case, you're depending on being able to see and react to something that causes them to slam on the brakes, which is not always going to be the case.

It's too bad there aren't simulators for driving, it would illustrate how fast things can happen. I intentionally caused a prop overspeed in a Brasilia simulator once at cruise speed. What's the worst that could happen? We can handle (barely) prop overspeeds on takeoff. Well, it flipped upside down literally in the blink of an eye and headed for the dirt. Didn't matter how fast I was, or thought I was, it happened faster.
I am confused how I have seen ALL of this and never have close calls in well over a million miles commuting in heavy LA and then Baltimore traffic daily. I know I am not any quicker then the next guy, well 90% for my age but that just makes me average for a 30 year old. I do not believe luck has anything to do with it One second is plenty for the average person who pays attention and it is not tailgating. You know this and I do not understand why you are playing this dummy down game. My guess is you are hypocritical and do it. FrugalNinja250's busted up ass is a true believer and I do not know what he is doing to be crashing so often but I do know I do not want to follow his example.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99