View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:08 AM   #106
Chocula
ninjette.org member

Name: Chocula

Motorcycle(s): Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
That is pretty universal for everyone. If someone is slower they are and idiot and if they are faster they are a maniac.
No, that is not universal. The vast majority go with the flow of traffic and have no issues. As humans we tend to only remember the few idiots and maniacs out of the hundreds of other drivers we encounter.
Quote:
I have repeatedly said that I choose to operate my vehicle with willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property tailgate when people are doing less than the speed limit in the left lane.
Fixed that for you.
Quote:
People driving slower in the left lane are quite often doing it on purpose to force their will and view of speed laws on others. They are just as aggressive as the "Aggressive" drivers, but just doing it in a passive way.

My point has been that they are contributing to any accident just as much as a tailgater is.
Their actions do not create the hazardous situation that yours do. I doubt the legal system will side with you on this either.
Quote:
It takes two to tango and those blocking the left lane are just as much at fault and more should be done to enforce the law against them.
What your mom was trying to tell you is that unless you choose to react negatively to the situation, there is no conflict; hence, it IS your fault!

P.S. I don't care if she did call you a poopy head, it is NOT OK to hit your sister. Ten out of 10 wife beaters agree, it is her fault for making them angry.
Quote:
The article at the beginning of this thread states that there are less traffic accidents and fatalities on the German Autobahn (with no speed limits) because people there understand that the left lane is for passing only and they stay out of the left lane. If they don't they can get a ticket. (or a BMW flashing it's lights up your ass)
The article is the opinion of Evans Brasfield and should be viewed as such. Some of the things Evans does not address include the laws and attitudes in Germany towards not paying attention to your driving. Older BMWs did not have drink holders largely because eating and drinking (even Pepsi) while driving is not an acceptable practice in Germany, and can result in a citation. Drink holders were introduced in BMWs because of demand in the U.S. market. Also, the U.S. has substantially lower standards for getting a license and our courts are reluctant to revoke ones ability to drive.
Quote:
If everyone drove properly and courteously there would be a lot less road rage and accidents.
On this, we agree.

Last futzed with by Chocula; September 2nd, 2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Fix typo