View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2020, 05:08 PM   #30
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It's been a fun week or two, and I think it's going to get progressively more interesting over the next week or two. I was notified that I could have been exposed at a conference, so was able to work from home from the notification time through the potential incubation period. Kids school is shut down for weeks, work has gone to a 100% remote strategy, and essentially everything in the community is shut down or shutting down.

Our county is getting hit very hard here in California already, with almost 100 cases and several deaths, so it's also now the county that is generally the first to announce things like "no groups over 250", which became "no groups over 100", and a day later became "no groups over 35". Healthcare is so far completely fine - but they can do the same math everyone else can, and are expecting the challenges growing in Seattle to be similar here as soon as a few days out.

It's human nature to be skeptical of well, anything - and overall that generally serves us well. If the opposite extreme was that we believed everything we heard without question - I'd bet that overall our lives and our communities would be much worse off. But we also can't let that skepticism remove some of the abilities that we all now have to help make a dent in what is now officially labelled a pandemic. The specific reasons that some countries have been able to both slow the spread and have lower mortality rates for this are already known - there's no mystery. Many of these changes, especially implemented so quickly, are likely to cause significant upheaval here in the U.S., just like they have in every western country so far.

Like many of you, especially if you're near a location that seems to be front-loaded with this, I've come across many, many, sources of news and information about what's happening and what we should think about it. I hesitate to share much here, but I'll make an exception for this video.

(Please be wary of any links you may receive from any untrusted sources during this outbreak, phishing and malicious sites have also gone way up during this event, as people do have their guard down and might be more susceptible to various bad actors. The link above goes to an embedded video on LinkedIn, you can mouse over it to confirm.)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote