View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2020, 01:02 PM   #5
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrittyWhiskey View Post
Ah, I should have said that fuel isn't flowing when the petcock is on PRI, not ON. Plenty of fuel is getting to the bowls with the petcock on ON.

When I had the carbs apart yesterday, the jets were just fine. With them with carb cleaner and a needle just to be sure, but still. No inline fuel filter on the bike, just the cute little filter in the tank. I did drain the tank yesterday, and put 3 gallons of fresh fuel in. Inside looks remarkably good for holding 2+ year, unstabilized gas. Also reinstalled the mixture screws 2.5 turns from tight
Pretty sure fuel should flow freely in PRIME and not in ON - ON should require vacuum to flow.

If you have fuel in the floatbowls then you are not drawing it up to the venturi - which would suggest the Pilot Jets or idle mixture passages are plugged. Did you remove the Pilot Jets and check the small holes?

Have you tried opening the throttle slowly as you are cranking? "Choke" is set to full ON position?
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote