View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #41
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Because I do not feel like buying new fairings any time soon, here are some of my attempts to salvage what I have with ABS cement. ABS cement is magical.

Rebuilt the tab on this and it works just fine. I've put it on the bike a few times and it hasn't broken so I think it's strong enough. There's a corner missing as well but it's normally hidden by the other tail fairings so I probably won't replace this piece.

This guy... I have two pieces of it and as you can see, it's still missing a very large portion of it (the entire section underneath where the decal is). I just wanted it at least in one piece so it will still be useable, even though it's not pretty. Not really a fan of half the tail section being gone so I just want something there to keep the bike covered. At least the missing portion and the section where there's tons of ABS cement faces the ground. I will very likely replace this piece so I don't know if I want to bother trying to rebuild more of this piece.

I've also done some work repairing the cracks and holes that were in my right side fairing, but no pics at the moment. When I took it off the bike, it was cracked halfway through so the whole piece felt flimsy, unstable, and like it was going to fall apart. Now it feels like one solid piece again.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote