View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #48
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Tried to measure my brake lines so I can finally order them. ****ing ABS brake lines are a headache. I kinda wish I just went with the non-ABS bike so I could've easily ordered a kit in the colors I want. The aluminum bolts attaching the lines to the ABS unit were really tight and I started stripping a lot of them. Thankfully I got them all off. The length of the metal pipes going between the rubber lines to the ABS unit were a bitch to estimate since they're hard and angular and won't reflect the actual line length. Measured every line at least 5 times. Still don't trust my measurements. Will get someone to check my measurements before I order because I don't want to **** up a custom order.

If anyone was wondering, I believe that the fittings to the ABS unit are fitting 419 on this page: http://www.spieglerusa.com/standard-line
It's definitely an M10 bolt. The stock length is a tiny bit shorter, but it shouldn't make a difference. There's no shorter one available anyway.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote