View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2018, 07:17 AM   #14
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Cool

If lane-splitting is a regular occurrence on each of your ride, 07 Ninja 250 is an ideal ride.

I've commuted in NYC metro area on my 07 Ninja 250 between 2013 & 2016, dozen times a year I also ride it on the highway 120 miles one-way between NYC and Phila suburbs, sustained 65-85 mph for 30-40 miles.

Ultimately, I feel that Ninja 250 though well suited for my commute, lack the storage capacity that I need. Adding side panniers or top cases just throw off the balance and ruin the entertaining factor of the small nimble machine.

Since my NYC commute require me to transport food items that are large and odd in shapes/sizes, I needed something with a large underseat capacity.
I replaced my 07 Ninja 250 with a Burgman 650. Twist-n-go in bumper-to-bumper traffic, triple digit speed capable and enough underseat storage for two fullface helmets. Yes, it is a much heavier bike than Ninja 250, but majority of the weight is down low to the ground and handling is different from Ninja 250, but IMO easier to ride in tight traffic pattern.

I bought my 05 Burgman 650 back in 2016 for $1750, it had 7k miles on odometer. Now it has over 12k mi. No more chain maintenance. Riding position is upright.. even has a backrest.

Determine your criteria for your next bike, not just base on riding position, consider what you encounter every ride, how much stuff you need to carry on your bike, performance needs.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote