View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:53 PM   #6
juliusmichaelhonrada
ninjette.org guru

Name: Julius Michael

Motorcycle(s): GPX250-RII

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyg199 View Post
I checked all that and retightened the carbs. got the idle to stop rising but it's still hanging around 300-3400rpm. This is since I put the smaller pilot jets in so should info back to the 40s? I was getting a terrible sputter while cruising at about half throttle which is why I took them out. Now the sputter is gone but it's doing this. And it's not pulling hard at all. I just went for a ride and it's hesitating at higher rpms. Like 9k and above. I don't get it, when I first installed the jets the bike flew around like butter on ice. Now it's running like dropped dooks. so frustrating!
1st if you are not sure what is happening , turn the af screw all the way in until seated , then turn out 1 and 1/2 out .

From this as a starting point you go out and ride the bike .

1st run , stay at 1/4th throttle for 2-3 mins only at 2nd gear or 3rd to give a considerable amount of load in the engine.

Stop , pull the spark plugs , take a picture and note the color, clean it and put it back.

2nd run , stay at 1/2th throttle at 2nd - 3rd gear for 2-3 mins .

Stop , pull the spark plugs , take a picture and note the color, clean it and put it back.

3rd run, stay at 3/4 th throttle 1st you may want to accelerate and find a long strip of road , then stay in high gear 5th or 6th , stay on 3/4th throttle for 2-3 mins

4th run , at wide open throttle , 1st accelerate normally , find a long strip of road , at 6th gear for 2-3mins .

juliusmichaelhonrada is offline   Reply With Quote