View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2016, 03:54 AM   #1791
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Emonda's are hotness. But your seat is super nose up?
It's probably just the angle of the picture or the shape of the saddle. We leveled the saddle before we left the shop. That saddle is going away, anyhow, as soon as I can find something I really like.

Quote:
And stand over height on a compact frame means nothing. Hell, stand over height means almost nothing on a traditional frame either... Glad you got it sorted.
Oh, I know that for sure now. I looked at a Fuji Transonic very briefly in a size small and had two different sales reps tell me, "Oh, that thing's way too small for you," even after I had a pretty detailed idea of the size bike that works for me. They wanted to put my fiancee on a small Supreme when she really needed to be on an XS/S or even just an XS. She rode the small around the parking lot for a lap or two just to prove she would be really stretched out before we got her on the right size bike.

Quote:
You realize that for when you're actually pedaling, the difference between a compact crank and a traditional crank is like... being up one gear on the back, right?
Yeah, I think the actual speed difference ends up being around 1.5 mph at the same cadence when spinning 50/11 vs 52/11. It's only noticeable when my dad can actually pass me on descents despite me pushing it as hard as it will go. I wish I had the 11-32 cassette out back that my mom's TCR does. I could climb Mount Everest with that thing; it would just take me a year.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.