View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2020, 06:10 PM   #1
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Transmission, and "switch-comp, nuetral" Q

Hey y'all, it's been a while. Life been busy.

So, remember that stupid debacle I had with the chains, getting thrown off my ninjas.. Well, that was sorted on one of the bikes, and no issues. Riding great. Now the 06 Ninja, I am finally getting to squeeze in some damage control. Been sitting for a few months.. Running across some issues, I haven't ever tackled before. so looking for opinions.

( this is without chain, and on centerstand for time being)

Right above the counter-shaft sprocket, is a green wire. It is disconnected, from it's..( bung?) fitting. At the end of said wire is a brass geared looking connection. And inside the fitting/bung, is a tiny brass "T" shaped bullet. Am I missing anything else?

So..wire, brass connector, brass bullet. Threaded bung..

Am I missing a spring? Or rod that goes through there. (Neutral light does not come on when in neutral) bikebandit calls it a "switch-comp, neutral" and shows the outside of unit, but no internal details.

Secondly, it shifts through all 6 gears. I noticed using the clutch lever, does not appear to disengage the clutch. ( going by how hard the countershaft still turns.) So, because of it sitting a few months, possible clutch plates sticking? Or is it simply having more torque, on it's own, because it isn't having to be countered, by a chain, and tire contacted to pavement?
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote