View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel1911 View Post
I really want to do a blue collar bobber conversion on my ninja. The bike was free, so I can throw a little money into it. It’s a 2007 and the cafe racer kit is the way I want to go. The only problem I have is, to really complete the look I want, more of a scrambler look, I’d like to have spoked wheels. There is little to know information out there on wheel swaps for 250’s. What I want to know, is there certain set of spoked wheels that will cause minimum issues swapping out? What will those issues be? Can I use any wheels as long as I do this, this, and this. Thanks for any input.
I'll bet it can be done but you're in for a real headache. If you go for custom wheels you are looking at $1,000 - $1,500.00. If you try an O.E.M. swap you're going to have to fabricate spacers and probably swap your forks and front brake caliper. In all likelihood you'll wind-up with a drum rear brake (which ain't the end of the world).

If you pull it off I'd be interested in your progress. I'm an old fart and love wire wheels.

God speed,

Bill