View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #21
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Imma be frank here...

There is only one other mod that can be done that will make your experience on ANY bike better.

Do a track school...

The right track school will not only allow you to ride on the track but will be "safety" focused 1st and performance orient 2nd. This holds true on both the street and track.

For example; As a coach, when I get my group in front of me... the first thing I tell them is;
Quote:
My job is to first make your day as safe as possible, my next goals are to allow you to tap into the upper ranges of your bikes abilities, while doing it in a safer way. I would also like to know what your goal of the day is, and we will specifically work on that as long as it is within realistic reach of your current skill level.
You can spend all the money in the world on the bike in different mods, but unless you can take advantage of those mods, it's piss in the wind. Without question, without doubt, and no under no other circumstances... the best mod to a bike is 100% by far, A BETTER RIDER.

Next is a subtle yet powerful human modification. You might just be surprised how much safer you feel in full gear. Some describe it as much more confidence inspiring than any mod on the bike.

Last but not least, is the throttle. So important being a finely tuned instrument of your control, that it literally means the difference between what the rider believes is a bike that helps them meet their goals or fights them every step of the way. It will make or break your ride and/or day. I bring this up because as a newer rider, making the throttle more responsive in any way can and may hinder more than it helps. Via a throttle tube or more aggressive tune.

The endgame:
Simply put, the end game is to be as good and/or better than the bike your riding. If not, you're chasing the bike. Imho, the bike should be boosting you as the rider... never the other way around. It is the source of such quotes as "when in doubt, gas it out" or "just lean it." Both of those quotes purely depend on the bike being better than the rider. While they hold a hint of truth, neither are good for the rider and leave your fate to dumb luck.

Feel me?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote