Old October 16th, 2016, 04:39 PM   #13
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Seriously, just do something. Anything. If you don't like it, try something else. Don't sit at home feeling broke and sorry for yourself - try to get a job in any area you think you might be interested in. There are entry level jobs in every field if you don't have experience. But you're supposed to be broke and lost at 20, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Advice? Go to school for something practical. Doesn't matter if it's trade school, community college, or university. Go for something useful that will make you marketable and desirable by more than just minimum wage positions.
Good advice here.

Me, at 20? I can't remember if that was cooking in a restaurant or working in a nursing home. Both jobs trained me for the skills I'd need and both paid relatively well, considering. More than minimum.

But yes, get a job, any job, even if it's minimum, even if it's awful. Being employed seems to help get a different job when you apply for it. Or maybe that horrid job can lead into something better.

My first job when I moved to Montana was at Wendy's, for super-low part time hours, and for sure minimum wage. But I needed something, so that I could get something better. And I did- moved over to cooking in a real restaurant and then to the nursing home.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.