View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #53
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That undertail exhaust.

when I took apart my bike for my uni trak service and swingarm service, I played around with the exhaust a little bit.

I came to the conclusion that the Ducati 250R guy must have just gotten rid of the tail fender completely, and then just routed the exhaust up there. If you could find a pipe bender and made some mock-ups on your bike with flexible plastic tubing, you could get a set of two brothers slipons, then make your own mid pipes based on the mock-ups. All you would need is to mount the two mufflers off the frame right under the seat and go from there.

You could get a pair of any brand cheap exhaust slip-ons for that matter (DanMoto could look cool), and then just bend the pipes on your own, and get them coated. It would look sweet. There's plenty of space under there once you take off the fender and get rid of the tail light.

Personally, I think a high-mount system would look cooler than the undertail. Same idea with making your own mid-pipes, and then mount them off the frame, only the high-rise system would keep the storage area.

plus you seem to be good at doing fabrication work on your own. If you could find a secure way of mounting the cans and a good way to bend the pipes, you could do it for the price of parts and whatever finish you wanted on the mid-pipes
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote