View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #42
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
That's either a 250 or 350, and appears to be built for its look, rather than performance. Things like Emgo pod filters, tires chosen for their vintage appearance, and low-end expansion chambers give it away. I like the one I had the opportunity to do the exhaust system for a lot better. It's an S3 with a highly modified H1 engine and a lot of real performance mods. Admittedly the airbox wasn't back on yet, and I've probably posted it before, but:
Have you ever read "Two Stroke Tuners Handbook" by Gordon Jennings? He does a mind-blowing dissertation on expansion chamber design. I fool around with model airplane engines and they sell after market chambers for these little engines. I just smile and shake my head. Ain't no way they put any of Jennings theory to work. I'm sure they just make them to look cool. By the way after Gordon's fist ride on an H1 he said "He had to beat-down the goose bumps with a hammer"

That gas tank on the Jac Ryan photo looks a-lot like a 73' 500 tank.

Bill