View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2019, 09:59 PM   #26
65Mulberry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki bandit 1200 Ninja 250

More wiring progress tonite. Wanted to keep things super tidy and compact... so I built this little drop cradle bracket out of some aluminum strapping... for the fuse box and the CDI BOX... funny how perfectly all the wiring fit.... no slack or shortness... I used another small strap of aluminum to hold the rubber CDI “sleeve” to the bottom of bracket and drilled holes in line with the ones in the fuse box... a long rivet pulled it all snug and there ya go` a super lightweight compact situation for the two boxes. I Left fuse box on top so it’s uber easy to pop the seat off and check fuses. Then I riveted bracket to frame... had to position it so wasn’t under the little rounded “feet” on the seat that ride on the frame. Then I ziptied all the wiring harness to frame and subframe tubing.
Just need to hook batt lead to solenoid and build a battery box or platform above the upper shock mount. It will screw to the factory molded in nuts still in inner fender liner. I’m really liking the way it’s coming together
Here’s a few pics of it from the pieces/parts stage ... to the install.
Enjoy!!

Last futzed with by 65Mulberry; July 11th, 2019 at 01:12 PM.
65Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote