View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2019, 06:33 AM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnightfox View Post
Today my bike wouldn't start, and the starter would spin the motor and then get stuck as if the engine was seized. It rolls freely without resistance in neutral, but when I put the bike into first gear it was really hard to push with the clutch in, and then after a bit of movement it loosened up and then I got the bike to start normally

This isn't the first time it's done something like this, but I just changed the oil less than 100 miles ago so it's completely fresh. It sat for a little over a week before I tried starting it today

Is this something I should be worried about?

2006 250 with about 10k on it

A side note, the carb was rebuilt recently because it was leaking fuel, and I think there may have been a lot of fuel in the oil which is why I changed the oil. the last time it did it was after sitting for almost a year with the old oil
It also sounds like the clutch plates are sticking. I had a Ninja that liked to do that as well. I would either rock it in gear before starting to break it loose or hold the front brake when I hit the button and it would break free.

What oil are you using? Did the issue start after the oil change?

As noted, check the adjustment of the clutch cable - https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Adjust...e_clutch_cable

You might want to check the condition of your battery also.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote