View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2019, 02:27 PM   #16
Theorist
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2005 250

Where in the lever pull do most pregen ninjette clutches engage?

My clutch doesn't engage until the clutch lever is 80 to 90% released. It's been like that since I bought it. When I bought it the clutch cable was a little bit too tight having zero free play in the lever. I quickly adjusted that as prescribed in the PDF owners manual. The clutch does not slip. After the bikes been sitting there is somewhat more resistance to rolling when parked in gear than when in neutral.

This clutch engages later or when the lever is more released than on other bikes I've ridden, but I haven't ridden other pregen ninjettes. When I bought it I thought the clutch was like very worn and would need to be replaced soon. As it still hasn't changed much or started slipping, I've stopped looking at clutch packs.

Where in the lever pull do your pregen ninjettes clutches engage (connecting the engine and the rear wheel via the transmission and chain)?

Do you have a confident prediction for how soon my clutch might start slipping or need to be repaired?

Is there anything else I should or could do for the clutch before, instead of, or while replacing the clutch plates and gasket (and maybe the springs while I'm in there)?
Theorist is offline   Reply With Quote