View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM   #86
melfice
yes, I'm famous.

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninjette 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
..."this" is what makes the bike handle better and makes the 08-12 shock a better option for the classic bike.

The result is the bike feels a little more planted through turns and doesn't just give when you sit on it. It's a slightly better shock for the bike. It will make you notice how bad the front end is as well. The preload adjustment gives you a little more ability to tune for weight/riding style as well. I would rather have some control over damping as well, but it's better than nothing.

Don't forget when the tail doesn't sag as much, the angle of the forks with the ground is more aggressive, so you'll notice a little quicker turn-in as well.

Warning: changing the shock will make you realize how poor the stock front end is. Once you do one end of the suspension, you'll want to do the other.
Okay so I found a seller getting rid of his front springs and spacers, would that be all I need to put into my forks for the 08 front suspension or would I need to buy a whole triple/fork setup from an 08?