View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2023, 07:15 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I am about to put in new front fork seals in my 2012 250R
the seals cost about $30.00 off Amazon and if the weather ever turns to sunshine again I will simply pull off the fairings so I can put a jack under the engine and lift up the front wheel... and then start removing the forks
...getting down to the bike is the hardest part for me for some reason i don't know why.... but the front forks have been leaking sense I got the bike and they need to be fixed. so this summer looks like a good time to do it.
it shouldn't be a big job at all once I can get to the forks but it may take a day for me just to get to the silly forks ! HAHAHA
i expect it will take me 3 days to complete it simply because I will not rush myself...i'm retired and I don't have to work hard anymore so I won't !
the manual does explain how to put the seals in and if there are special tools to do it I am sure I can rig something up that will work.
....never done forks on a 250R Ninja before so this may well be a learning experience for this old man !

Bob........