View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2023, 12:03 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I honnestly expect trains to go the way the nuclear submarines went....
but instead of turbines they will use double acting steam engines as the old ones did...they were very effecient and if you heat your water to the point of steam with nuclear stuff you have an endless supply of steam as long as you haul your water as well.... it wouldn't take a big set up either you could have a small nuclear heater that builds pressure in a auxillery tank and run the main engines off the tank there is down time in many trains so that wouldn't be that big a deal for most of them some trains go non stop for months at a time but their simi rare.....
knowing how they think and love to change things they will more than likely go with steam turbines in trains...I hope not but they probably will.....it's hard to argue with the horse power numbers a turbine can produce !
the conventional piston engine is far from done even though we are running out of gasoline.... it can be ran on HHO or hydrogen or alcohol..... and when there is a demand for the corn all the farmers will produce corn for the alcohol ! it will wind up being well over $7.00 a gallon by that time but
as wages go up so do the prices of everything
..... I remember working for $1.65 an hour as a kid.....my how times change!
now even McDonalds is paying $17.00 an hr. when I was in school it was $3.50hr and no benefits at all.
.... new technology will bring in big changes ! but if they just put into action the technology we already have that alone would be great.
but big money leads the way and if it's not profitable we'll never see it !
Bob.....