View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2019, 01:02 AM   #22
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonH7 View Post
So I put new battery and plugs in with correct gap and antiseize. Hooked petcock and tank back up to bike and my carb hoses are like shown in the picture on that carb.
Be sure to keep new battery on charger any time you're not riding it. We need to measure battery-voltage after starting to confirm that it's being or not being recharged first.

Quote:
The “fuel inlet line from petcock” is the main fuel hose from the carb that attatches to the petcock right? (The bigger brass nipple?)
yes.
Quote:
And then “the vacuum hose to petcock” is the 2nd hose that connects to the smaller nipple on the petcock?
Yes, since you do not have vacuum-port on petcock, hose that goes to it should be plugged. Remove it from carb and close off vacuum port on carb with rubber cap. Or stick bolt into open end of hose to seal it.

Also what is this brass nipple connected to?

Quote:
I got bike to start on it’s first or second try and it sounded really good I had full choke on and I ran it for about 90 seconds until I let go of the throttle.. and then it died and wouldn’t start again after that so I didn’t try too much to get it started again.
You need to adjust idle-speed higher so it doesn't drop when you let go of throttle. Screw IN idle-adjustment knob clockwise about 4-6 complete turns (circled in green). It'll probably idle too high next time, but will run without needing to hold throttle. Then back off choke as it warms up. When choke is zero, adjust idle knob to correct speed.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote