View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2023, 10:42 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL....Nah.... wood is too much work for this old man....done that all my life and I seek easier means to stay warm now HAHAHAHAH
you could burn all that though and can the heat and sell it ! that would give you a second business that would be very profitable !
.... I could see that ....torlet paper, beer ,butter ...Oh and 6 cans of heat please....give me the big cans, as I have kids that run in and out of the house alot........ Oh, we only have the small cans ...sorry !
I think I can burn the Exploded pellets that turn into saw dust in my big wood stove... I made a burner for the wood pellets for when the stove brakes down...
it's just a cast iron 12" skillit with a zillion 1/4" holes drilled in it.. I set it on bricks and pile the ash in the stove around the air vent in the back of the stove
forcing the air to go up through the pan... I can burn almost anything in that
even wood chips from the wood chipper but they don't last very long...but it is free heat !!!
I've heated the house on cold winter days with wood pellets when the blower died on my old pellet stove for 2 weeks with that.... it takes alot of attention, like once every hour... but it is better than being cold !
at the Ranch I heated only with wood did that for all the time I lived there
and I made sure Mom had enough when she was there alone she went through 4 to 6 cord of wood every winter ! it was a drafty old house !
so I learned to hate having to cut wood, split it and haul it and stack it and then cover it... Unless you've done it you do not know how much easier it can be !!!! anything is easier because that is a hell of alot of work !
....and it isn't free saws and saw maintenance gets expensive as well
not to mention the truck... or if your real lucky tractor and waggon.
.... but I did have a large wood lot so I could go out and cut my own wood
so it was the cheapest heat by far...
...here not so much... I don't have a truck anymore.(big mistake)
but I have 3 good saws.... but no ambition to do it ! HAHAHAHA
I'ed have to drive a long way , buy a permit, just to get the trees...then cut it
and get it home....
this house is fairly well insulted and it would only take 3 cord at the most to heat the place....and I could just buy the wood... but in the past I found most people when they sell you a cord of wood you are lucky to get 1/2~3/4 of a cord ! a cord is 4'x4'x8' stacked tight.... but that is not what you get.
....or worse you buy a pick up bed full of wood and you might get a tier or 2 !
(2 tier per half cord if I remember right) so buying wood is just as expensive as the wood pellets here...
my brother inlaw heats with natural gas at around $57.00 a month IN IDAHO !!!!!! Nothing in California is cheap !!!
it'll all come out in the wash.... I'll make it work somehow but next year I will definitely do some serious major covering.... covering them with a tarp isn't working....

Bob.......