Thread: Instruments
View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #13
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

we used to tell her when she was young, that she could help wash the dishes, or play "dish washing music" on the harp... dish washing music was nice...

unfortunately my son wanted to play the bag pipes, we got him a chanter and he practiced on that... but for true pipes... oh lord'y I'd have to sound proof the basement...

My daughter just graduated from U of I with a music ed degree... it's actually easier to name the instruments she can not play... My son played Tuba and Sousaphone... marched in the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena. What a hoot.

I keep a watch on Ebay for 'parts only' clarinets, usually 20 to 40 bux... didn't want to take a working clarinet away from some kid, so when i found one that had pads missing or cracked barrel or what have you, I'd snatch it up and make a lamp out of it... one for my dad, one for my daughter, one for me, one for the clarinet house in Champaign

I'm looking for a trumpet that is sad to do the same thing with... just trying to figure out if there is a way to go through the valve with out wrecking things, would like to keep it in "non-modified" condition if possible.
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote