View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #10
jconolty
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Speed Four, 600rr, 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I use EBC with no problems on all my bikes. As for glazing that could be from overuse at the track or my e poor bedding in on the pads initialy. Like I said all single piece rotor WILL warp like a bowl due to heat expaction and simple physics. When you check the warpage keep the rotor on the wheel because it will be held straightest that way. Once removed from the wheel it will bow like crazy but don't worry, once you bolt it back on it will straighten out again. Another thing you could try is flipping the front rotor over so it is warped the other way and see if your dragging reduces. We have a theory on way the rotor always warp in one direction so I figure if you flip the rotor every weekend you can prolong its life.

Yes I have flipped my front rotor and have riden on it with no problems, they are a symmetrical rotor with only the marking to differentiate one side from the other. Ill admit I wasn't able to flip it a second time because I swapped to a Yamaha front wheel and braking system.
very good point. I will do this as well. thanks again. I just wonder if I got a bad set of pads because they glaze every time im out and I come in and scuff them clean before races
jconolty is offline   Reply With Quote