View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkessler View Post
Would having residual Seafoam in the jet cause a problem? The spray goes through the holes perfectly fine, so they dont appear to be obstructed at all.

I'll take the thing apart again, but kinda dont want to if it can be avoided.

Is the copper wire just for pushing through the jet from the float side, or are their any hidden holes to deal with, or things to scrape around?

I'll try for now to charge the battery fully (its basically dead right now), and then see if fresh gas will work, ensuring the carbs are properly drained and then primed with fresh fuel. Do you think I should put any Seafoam in the new fuel before filling the tank, to ensure the seafoam mixture is in the carbs when it initially starts up, or leave it without seafoam for starters?
I don't the Seafoam is causing the problems - unless there's way too much of it. It should be 1oz per gal IIRC.

Jets can appear clean, but have build-up on the inside that will cause problems. Running a fine copper wire through the opening and spinning the jet around it makes sure there's no deposits on the sides. Then spray with carb cleaner. When you remove the jet holder you'll see there are small cross-drilled holes that get plugged easily. The Pilot has similar holes.

I wouldn't add anything to the fresh gas at this point.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote