View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #32
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
If you are concerned about "a good job" I wouldn't bother with PlastiDip. It's pretty temporary and easily damaged.

Wrap is a better choice, but the complex shapes on the fairing would be a definite challenge.
I disagree. My friend dipped his van 8 months ago and it still looks good. There are a couple spots near the bottom where it's peeling ever so slightly, and that's because he only used about 3 coats, when he should of had closer to 6.

You can get a nice looking paint job, Ricochet half-assed his and it still looks nice from 5 feet away.

Check out dipyourcar.com they have a forum where people have gone nearly 2 years and still have a good looking ride, and this is their DD mine you. A motorcycle that is stored most of the time and only sees maybe 10k miles a year will definitely hold out...

And you cannot argue the price. You can dip your whole bike for less than $100, don't like it? Easily removeable with no hassle...

I dipped my celica's hatch handle a year ago... still looks good. Here's a photo!

The little cuts in the word "celica" were my fault... Lesson learned.. I tried cutting the words out AFTER the dip dried... big mistake, If I had removed the tape before it would of been fine :/ Oh well, it hasn't peeled at all.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.