adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post

*edit to add* another additional cost, while not a must have, I think it would be nice for someone like me with my anxiety, is the program Ken Condon does for private coaching on the track. I was reading about it on his website. It says it's suggested for intermediate/advanced riders more than novice, but I like the sound of it, and I know it would go a long way for me.
I've taken coaching from Ken and he's really good. However, I concur that it's a better investment for those with some track experience. It's really about correcting what's leading you in the wrong direction, vs. building basic skills.

TTD is not a "school" like Mid-O but there is plenty of instruction and help. It's a track day organization that is about building skill and riding safe. LOTS of classroom (a class after every session, plus an extra one in the morning for new riders), ample instructor availability. Plus you've got people in your pit to help you out (and yeah, if you're coming I'll do whatever I can to make it that day).

So if it were me, I'd pass on the instruction for now but take every available opportunity to soak up knowledge.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote