View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:24 PM   #3
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
First thing...verify the petcock is actually delivering adequate fuel to the float bowls
I replaced the fuel filter, and fuel line today as well. I should’ve mentioned that beforehand. Gas flows heavily out of petcock, there’s no link in the line, and it’s a good size fuel filter. Not oem, but it’s a mesh screen filter that can flow plenty.

While writing the above, I ran downstairs, loosed the drain screw on the bottom of the carbs, and I have little to no gas in the right side carb bike is on the center stand so its level at all times. Didn’t check the left, as I left my extensions at work and don’t want to pull the carbs. back off tonight. I then used fresh fuel line to go straight from good flowing petcock, right into carbs. Still no fuel in right side carb. I assume very little or none as well in the left side carb. Just didn’t check due to not being able to acess it tonight. Although it ran and spiked to 4k fully choked and then quickly died. Got it to do that twice. What do you think? Is the pet cock not flowing fuel once the bike starts cranking? It doesn’t flow in the on position when bike is off and I believe that’s how it’s supposed to be. But I set it to the prime setting on the petcock (don’t worry I was catching the gas from the little vacuum hole on the bottom with a container) but still had the same result of no gas in the carb

Edit: id like to add that i did blow compressed air through the fuel lines that go into the carb while connected to the carb, and air did come from around the float valves.
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote