Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSomething View Post
............Anyway, my question is...

I know I'm still a noob but I was just wondering if experienced riders sometimes make these mistakes also. Will stupid things like this happen occasionally or do they tend to go away with time?

Sometimes I feel like I take one step forward and two steps back.
Mistakes like that are always associated to insufficient attention or focus.
It is perfectly normal in your case, 800 miles since the end of January are not enough to make your control inputs automatic and to direct your attention to riding and traffic.

You have to think before your inputs; with more practice, you will not.
As you don't think about the muscles and movements involved in walking, you will reach a point of proficiency at which you will feel and control the bike like an extension of your body.

Mistakes associated to the operation of the machine should go away with time.
Then, the stage of over-confidence arrives and mistakes of judgment and assumptions regarding traffic and road conditions start happening.
Those are much more serious and dangerous.

I know you don't like reading, but make an exception with the book "Proficient Motorcycling", it may save your life one day.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote