adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
When was the last time you heard of a handgun permit holder making an unjustified shooting?
Let's see... Just looking at a few of the incidents that received widespread media attention...

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ass-shootings/
  • Luby's cafeteria, Killeen, Texas, 1991. 24 dead, 20 wounded. Firearm was a Ruger P89, obtained legally.
  • Washington Navy Yard, 2013. 13 dead, 8 wounded. Firearm was a Beretta, obtained legally.
  • Aurora Colorado theater shooting, 2012. 12 dead, 58 wounded. .40 Glock among other weapons, obtained legally.
  • Sikh temple shooting, Oak Creek, Wisconsin. 7 dead, 3 injured. Springfield XDM, obtained legally.
  • Virginia Tech massacre, 2007. 33 dead, 23 injured. Glock 19 and Walther P22, both obtained legally.

It is of course possible to go on and on, but you get the point. Holding a permit does not mean you won't be misuse a firearm.

Full disclosure: I am a CCW holder. Sometimes I carry. Sometimes I do not. I also live in an area of very low crime, but did not always (which is why I got my permit in the first place).

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.