View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Hit a patch of gravel, lowsided.

That's pretty much it. I know the road and know that gravel is there but I also know the lines to avoid it. However, I was distracted by the dog for long enough to look away from the road and subsequently **** up my line. I was going somewhere between 35-55mph in 2nd gear but don't know the exact speed. Luckily I'm fine other than a few scrapes and bruises due to my jacket holding up (It's somehow still usable! Speed&Strength did a good job making it) and my helmet taking one for the team. My gloves are all kind of scraped up and I'm probably going to need to replace those too, going with some gauntlet gloves this time. I have a few scratches from where the jacket rubbed since it's a size or two big though, but that's the extent of my injuries afaik, going to patient first tomorrow to ensure that my shoulder is good. I wasn't wearing pants or boots since I was headed to work but amazingly have no damage to my lower body other than a few scratches on my knee.

The convenient thing was that the whole thing happened right in front of a paramedic who was in her front lawn on her day off. She patched me up and sent me on my way, I got home and switched to my car and showed up on time to work like nothing happened.

Pics (disclaimer, I'm not entirely sure how to resize these so they're a bit large):

The Bike, all of the damage is cosmetic:

Gloves:

Helmet, visor broke off and there are a bunch of gashes above it as well as a crack going down separating the outer layer chinbar from the back right below the visor clip:

Gravel & the marks left on the road by my bike:

Loud ass dog:

Summary, I knew the road and that there is gravel in that corner but was distracted when the time came to avoid said gravel, plowed right through it lifted the rear off the ground and had a bad time.

BUT I'M GOOD AND THE BIKE IS GOOD! She just lost a bit of her shine
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote