View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #38
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginganinja View Post
BTW, AAA is great insurance and covers track days!!!! I tested this with my R6 in october. the only thing they don't cover is timed events or racing. a track day is neither, they just ask for proof that you were at the event(receipt) and that's about it.
It must vary by state. I have AAA for home and auto, but when I replaced my VN700 with the EX500, they simply told me they don't insure sport bikes. Also, their motorcycle system was completely separate from the other systems. Whereas my home and auto are automatically billed to my card, the motorcycle insurance was a completely separate manual system. I actually found out when I called to switch it over to the Ninja that my policy had lapsed months before, without me even knowing it. I've been with AAA since I started driving, but their motorcycle insurance was one of the worst experiences I've had.

And Sirref, glad to hear you're ok and not too upset about the damage. It definitely could've been way worse.
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote