View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2016, 06:13 AM   #75
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Thanks for bumping up this thread and for taking the time to write your experiences! It's great to hear that you were able to take some of the advice that people had given and apply it for tangible results at the track! Wooohooooo!! :dance cool:

I just wanted to touch base on one aspect that you talk about above. You mention that you feel a sensation of the bike possibly pushing or sliding- the way you describe it, it sounds like something slightly different to me. When you turn the bike you press on the inside bar to initiate the turn, right? what do you do IMMEDIATELY after you press on the bar? How do you stop the bike from turning anymore?

Misti

Misti,
I believe you are right that I did not state what I was feeling correctly. Towards the beginning of this thread I was asking what the feeling I was getting thru the front end was. When I began to corner harder at the track, I was feeling something new thru the bars and did not know/understand what the feedback from the tire was telling me. I have just returned from Riding School with Mr CSMITH12 and I now have a much better understanding of what the bike it communicating to me while leaned over at speed. I will PM you with some of what I have learned and explain further. Thank you so much for taking time to assess and improve my riding!

The answer the your first question above: "What do you do immediately after you press on the bar?" (Answer) Stop once the lean angle is correct for the turn.

Answer to the second question above: "What do you do to stop the bike from turning?" (Answer) Push/pull bars in the opposite direction.

Let me know if I got these answers correct or if I am missing what you are trying to communicate to me
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote