Thread: PUIG or ZERO-G?
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #52
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

I bought a Zero-Gravity Double Bubble in Light Smoke.
Got it off Ebay from TheZGOutlet.com

I bought a Factory 2nd (New) for $44.95! + S&H $11.95 ($56 TMD)

It didnt come with zero-gravity decal/stickers, so i emailed ZGOutlet.com if they could mail me some. They Did! they told me they only ship decals with factory 2nds If customer asks too, along with the order! (FYI)

My windscreen had afew slight ugly bubbles in the plastic itself, around the 2 Upper Holes where you re-use the old rubber WELLNUTs (5mm). Also there was afew very very Slight Scuff marks, but EASILY buffed out with some "PLEXUS" and a cloth rag!!!

So IMO, i would recommend you get a factory 2nd, and SAVE like 50% of your Money toward other stuff!

Once my windscreen was on you cant tell!

Im thinking of picking up a Light Smoke Zero-Gravity 'sport touring' (big huge high one) in Factory 2nd, for later on this Fall/ Early Winter... just to have one to compare the DB vs ST wind/noise reduction, airflow (less air= Warmer riding in the cold). Also a quick switch out for the Colder season in Michigan would be nice to do for Oct-Nov & again in Mid-April/Early-May each year making Warmer Riding during these Cold/Cool months!

IMO the sport touring one looks kinda weird and oversized... but i care More about Function then Looks!

PUIGs are cool looking as well, reports from websites, mags, claiming PUIGs are alil Thicker and better made in the sense of CRACKING from a BIRD or sumin flying right into the windscreen itself! But what are the Odds of that happening?

Note: Im 5' 9" 168 LBS.

My ZG-DB raised the airflow to hit me in the CHIN/UPPER LIP (helmet say) , from being hit in the Nipple/Cowlerbone area! - W/ Stock OEM windscreen on! (depending if i was TRUELY Upright position, or very slightly leaning forward atad, you have like 2" of play.)

If you 2UP, your Ninjas aerodynamics change alot. Changing the way the airflow hits you... affectwise! I noticed a Head Bobbling motion with my GF on back, while riding on I-94 @ 65-70MPH. The air was like pushing my Head left to right... it was weird! I had to bend forward slightly more then normal SOLO Riding to correct this! ummm NO air wasnt getting 'under' my Helmet and 'Lifting' my helmet up or such... it just did that weird Lt - Rt motion on my Head!

Once i got into FULL TUCK, with my Chest on or 'nearly' touching the Gas Tank... Noise was reduced ALOT!!! My Helmet was outta the Wind, making left/right head turns, checking other lane/blind spots much Easier. Without gettin that BURST of wind as you turn your head sideways, that you might get normally with the OEM windscreen, OR if your totally Upright (with ZG-DB on).

This helps with LESS BUGS splatting on your Shoulders/Helmet during Dusk/Dawn riding to work and so forth!

So heres the current PICs of it On my Nate atm! I can take better/closer ones later on this week when i work on my Bike on varies maintance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0383.jpg (85.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0385.jpg (100.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0382.jpg (108.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0384.jpg (109.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0387.jpg (145.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0388.jpg (124.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0504.jpg (140.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0505.jpg (149.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0506.jpg (138.3 KB, 4 views)
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote