View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeX View Post
That's just the valve check by the sound of it. If they didn't change any of the shims that's not terribly bad. If they DID have to adjust some of them then $170 would be killer.
That $170 was the whole 7,500mi service including new plugs and oil/filter. Confirmed they at least checked things over as I saw lubricant on the cables, nuts in different positions than before, etc. Didn't need to change any of the shims, so didn't take terribly long. Also had them mount new tires (I purchased them elsewhere) in new wheels (powdercoated by Tims250) and mount those on the bike while I was there. Walked out with a serviced bike with new tires for $398 total. Have since learned to do it all myself thanks to this site's members and in no small part to Vex's DIYs, so thanks

All that said: when I checked my valves some 2,500mi later I discovered they (probably) didn't clean off my cylinder head cover before opening the engine. I'm fairly sure it was them as they were the last ones in there and I cleaned the hell out of the cover before opening it. Left me about teaspoon-full of fine sand and gravel in the top end with the valves and cams. Doesn't seem to have screwed anything up though, thankfully.