View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2017, 03:28 AM   #30
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I just know that it was the first Ninja, the fastest production bike in the world at the time, and he "rode" it with no gear. A GPZ-900R. Oh, and there's a reason I said "rode" with quotes...

Look at the tie-down straps holding the bike to the trailer.

That scene is hotly debated because his fist was chopped off in the original theatrical aspect ratio but was visible in the expanded 4:3 version (they didn't just pan and scan within the wider frame to make the academy aspect home video/TV versions). When they released it on HD-DVD, people said that it was a framing error like the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-Ray, but it wasn't. It touched off an argument between purists and others aboutwhic was more "correct." I wonder if anyone arguing about the "vidible fist" version noticed that it "broke" something else by revealing the tie-down straps? I only know because someone on Kawiforums noticed it.

Anyone notice how similar the mirrors look to the current-gen?
Maybe he can't ride a bike but he owns and flys a North American P-51 Mustang fighter aircraft. After that a 900R should be a piece of cake. No, I'm not a fan of Tom's.

Bill