View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #1
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

am i screwed or what?

so last night after a long day at work "msf" i came home and the sister in law was at the house. she had been bugging the wife for a while about wanting to go out on the ninja, so we got geared up and took off. about 10 mins into the ride i hear a sound ive never heard in 7 years of riding. i pull over and i can smell exhaust. so my first thought was maybe something with my header, so i crawl under the bike and nothing is wrong with the headers. then a sinking feeling comes over me and i realize the sound is coming from one of the spark plug wells... i get everything stripped off and i can see the cap for the spark plug has popped up. ill skip the mile long walk in the pouring rain and the wife wrecking my car on her way to come get me... long story short my ****ing plug well is stripped and i cant get a plug to seat in it...

so the question is how screwed am i? ive looked around and it seems like the repair would either cost me close to half of value of the bike, or i could risk messing it up alot more and try to fix it myself. any one here have any experience with this?