View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #8
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gptoyz View Post
I've always liked the sato stuff from dan kyle.

I have sato on all my street and track toys since my 04 636.

The reasons they are good:
#1 strong quality aluminum - I've had crashes where the foot peg acted like a slider and all I had to do was replace a lever, clip on bar and a sato foot peg and I was ready to get back to riding
#2 knurled foot pegs, and you don't have to worry about positioning them wrong, they are completely round!
#3 ball bearings and high quality components - the action is super smooth. I remember my friend getting a knock off sato, it looked close, until it failed!
#4 adjustable - every part is adjustable from foot peg position, brake lever engagement, shifter engagement and reverse shift (if that's your thing)

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsets_ninja300.htm

would also like to throw out there, but I don't believe they supply for the ninja 300:
gilles
driven racing
CRG
The main reason I'm inclined to go with Woodcraft is that they are very common in the area, almost all the 250 riders in the area use them, so if I need a spare part, there's a good chance I can get one at the track....

Also, I've sat on a 250 with the Woodcrafts, and they fit me fine, so I don't think I'll need one of the others with lots of adjustability. I just want to increase my corner clearance, as I'm turning the stock pegs into metal shanks....
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote