View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:56 PM   #1
sardilevi
ninjette.org member

Name: levi

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Unhappy Bike runs weird after crash

Hey, I'm back...

So, about a month ago I had to go down in order to avoid an accident. The bike hit the ground on its left side, but no major damages were caused other than the fairings going to s*it, at least I hope so.

I could not get the bike started after to get it home, came back a day later to haul it home, and of course, it started right up as it got home- whatever.

The issue I am having now is that when the bike is supposed to enter/reach powerband, 8-10k rpm, it just does not want to do it. I cannot go faster than 60-65mph, and if I give it full throttle it even slows down, and the bike does not rev over 8000rpm in higher gears. First and second gears it's able to go above 10k, but not in any higher gear.

So far...I have cleaned the carbs in case of the impact shaking some debris loose. Cleaned the fuel filter in the tank and the tank, there was a decent amount of rust on it and installed an in-line fuel filter as well. I was thinking the fuel was restricted but it all seems to be fine. I have still to check for vacuum leaks, but I ran the bike with the tank in prime, so I do not believe it is a vac issue. Could it be an electrical problem, out of sync carbs, maybe running lean?

I am clueless at this point and would greatly appreciate ideas to what it could be, maybe someone had this happen to them and found a solution.

Thank you
sardilevi is offline   Reply With Quote