View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2019, 09:12 AM   #6
sardilevi
ninjette.org member

Name: levi

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
1. Carefully inspect rubber boots between head and carbs. Did any of 4-junctions get pulled apart causing vacuum leak?

If there was rust, it may have found its way downstream.

2. Test petcock flow-rate. Unplug fuel hose from carbs and aim into measuring cup. Turn petcock to prime for 30-sec. How much petrol did you collect in measuring cup?

3. Test float levels without removing carbs! Slip hose over float-bowl drain nipples and aim into empty measuring cup. Drain both float bowls. How much petrol did you collect in measuring cup?

4. Pull plugs and post photos of them. Wondering if speed-loss is due to lean or rich mixtures?
1. The OE rubber boots were in rough shape, a switched them out to simple coolant hoses that withstand the heat and gas - about 2/3 months ago and these caused no issues. I am planning to switch them back to OE parts.

2. I drained about 4 gallons of gas yesterday, not quite sure how long it took, maybe 8-10 minutes. I pulled the fuel petcock apart for cleaning in case something got in it, it is clean and is working correctly.

3. I will have to pull the carbs again to inspect it further, I kind of half-assed the cleaning yesterday, thinking cleaning the jets and passages would be enough, although the slides seemed to move freely.

I will pull the bike apart today again and see if anything changes...
sardilevi is offline   Reply With Quote