Old July 30th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #24
JayJay
ninjette.org member

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Here's an alternate idea.

Instead of spending money on a different bike, do several track days... but keep them a deep dark secret. Don't let your boyfriend know.

Learn how to REALLY ride that Ninjette.

Then, one fine day, go for a ride with him. Choose a twisty road where he won't have as much of a horsepower advantage.

Then, when he least expects it.....

POUNCE!!!

This made me laugh so much. I would absolutely LOVE to go do a few track days, but i'm not near a track

He never runs off on me, he's good about keeping pace with me, or i'm good with keeping pace with him rather. We have a long straight stretch before we get home, its about 8 miles, like maybe 3 easy sloping curves, while he's alone he easily runs 85+, he's comfortable with that. Myself, alone, I run like 70-75, where i'm comfortable. Then if we are riding together we run like 70. The only times I seriously can't keep up with him is coming away from stop lights, stop signs, etc. He drops a gear and is gone. Literally gone.

I probably put out a bad impression of him saying that I can't keep up with him, he really does make a point to stay with me, and he has taught me a lot.

I'm so torn between a naked touring type bike (ie, shiver.) and a street bike. If i go the route of a naked touring bike, i'll definately get the shiver, secondhand of course. Otherwise, I like the KTM RC390.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote