View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2018, 07:30 AM   #1
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Anyone with Long-term experience with LED headlight from Superbrightleds?

History: For a while now I've been little concerned/bothered about the total draw of Amps/Watts on my '05 EX250 FI project bike's electrical system. At idle the voltmeter (aftermarket Datel) would show as low as 13.0 volts (maybe even into the high 12.0 volts range).

So, I ordered and installed a motorcycle LED headlight offered by the Superbrightleds company. It's the version that has the H4 plug (correct plug type for the EX250) that throws 2000 lumens, fanless (heat-sink only) design.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/3930/8566/

When it came in the mail I took a moment before installing the LED headlight to do a quick side-by-side comparison multimeter test of the amp draw of both the original incandescent bulb and the new LED bulb. The incandescent bulb draws 4.6 amps and the LED bulb draws 1.6 amps.

So that's 3 amps of savings (and who knows how many watts), which is great.

Install was very quick and easy, everything fit just perfectly (required a small amount of trimming of the rubber rear headlight cover). I've ridden it twice at night and the amount of light the LED throws seems better than OEM in both low and high beams. And most important, the voltmeter never indicates less than 14.0 volts.

The question is: Anybody out there with long-term experience on their EX250 with this exact LED headlight from Superbrightleds? Long-term performance? Problems? Opinions? Gripes?
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote