View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #1
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Build log section?

I was reading the BOTM thread and thought I'd make another suggestion.

I think a much more useful section would be a "showcase" forum that would be dedicated to project threads. The general idea being that a user could create a single thread for their bike (or each of their bikes) that they update whenever they do anything to the bike they feel like sharing, whether it be mods, maintenance, or just some scenic pictures or video they took. Basically a blog where you post updates, and people can comment on them. I know there's a blog section here already but I don't think it gets much use because it's not as accessible as the the normal forum sections.

I think people like to have a "space" where they can keep a build log like this with all their pics and videos in one place, but these types of threads usually end up scattered throughout the other sections like pictures, general and tech so their build thread eventually gets "lost in the rubble" if you will.

Optional: You could even combine the pictures and video section into a single media section (you could do that now, really) or just do away with them as they'd fall under general, off topic, or their bike's thread.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote