View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusrex25 View Post
I don't believe in insurrection or not following the chain of command.
It's not really a chain, it's more like a single link. Here are my general guidelines for setting up new subforums. If I can find 50 or more threads that are right now scattered in other subforums on the site, that would all fit better in their own dedicated subforum, then it likely makes sense to set up a new area.

If I can't find that many, then it seems that people have found reasonable places to already put the information, and adding more buckets adds to the complexity of the site rather than improves it. Right now there are nowhere near 50 build threads on the site, I'd be hard-pressed to point to 10.

I see build threads / showcase threads as different from the DIY threads that make up a large portion of the tech section already, yet they seem to fit there (or in the picture subforum) reasonably well so far, depending on how much tech is in the thread.

There are other challenges to using 1 thread to go on for a long period of time, with the expectation that the user will edit the 1st post as the build progresses to show the work; that will not work on this site due to editing time-out requirements that over time I've found to be non-negotiable (2 months).

I continue to think the blog area is very close to the need, and one way to bridge the gap is to do exactly what Racer X has done, which is post up a thread in the tech section or ninjettes at speed section highlighting something interesting that he's just put up in his ninjette blog.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote