View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #24
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkem View Post
While I love the idea of doing a complete cafe racer conversion(laziness and a budget are the only things stopping me) I personally really like the look of the exposed frame under the seat. I might eventually start chipping further into the bike. Maybe replace the airbox with pods, budge the battery a bit further in, and so forth, in order to create more empty space beneath the bike.

On another note, the trailtech vapor/dash just came in, and the rear shock of a ninja 300 should be here in a day or so. I'm kind of enjoying the riding side of owning a motorcycle so I'm procrastinating installing everything for a bit.
I'm wondering if it might be a bad idea to stiffen the rear suspension without doing anything to the front? Would any improvements just flip flop on me and turn into a badly balanced bike?

and here's another picture. If you click on it you'll get a higher resolution and you can see where I mounted the rectifier underneath the brake fluid reservoir.
Be sure the electrical connection is sealed against moisture in that location. That's been a problem with the 650r, which has the R/R mounted just in front of the rear wheel.
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote